samedi 29 septembre 2007

The Royal William.

The" Royal William " named after William III was probably built at Chatham early in eighteenth century.She was rebuilt in 1719 at Portsmouth and became a first rate battleship carrying 100 guns.In 1757 she was reduced to 84 guns.Splendidly built with much elaborate ornamentation she proved her worth for many years. She assisted at the relief of Gibraltar in 1782, and was Port Admiral's flagship at Spithead until 1813. She was broken up about 1820.

Aucun commentaire: